Looking to get started with Haskell? If so, check out the Get Started
Recommended installation instructions
for Linux, macOS, FreeBSD, Windows or WSL2
- Use GHCup to install GHC, cabal-install, Stack and haskell-language-server
The Haskell toolchain consists of the following tools:
- GHC: the Glasgow Haskell Compiler
- cabal-install: the Cabal installation tool for managing Haskell software
- Stack: a cross-platform program for developing Haskell projects
- haskell-language-server (optional): A language server for developers to integrate with their editor/IDE
Installation via native OS package manager
Alternatively, many operating systems provide GHC, cabal and Stack through their native package manager. The packages are often out-of-date but if you prefer to use this method of installation then you will find useful links below.
Show Linux distros
Do not use the Haskell development tools provided by Arch, they are broken. For more information see  .
Show Nix/NixOS instructions
Nix is the package manager for NixOS and can also be used on other Linux distros and macOS.
Show FreeBSD packages
Show Windows packages